cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card cannot be accessed

ism_elshen
Apprentice

Hello, my camera is canon eos 60D. i took some pics....after 2 days when i wanted to look pics.there is written: " Card cannot be accessed.Reinsert/ change the  card or format card with camera " 
can i rescue the pics in card no way ? please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try reading it with a card reader. If the computer can't see the pictures, it's likely the card is corrupted.

If the computer can see the pictures, then try another card. If the camera can't see that one either, then the most likely explanation is that the card door or the battery door didn't close securely. Each door has a micro switch that tells the camera that it's closed, and the camera won't take pictures if it thinks either door is open.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Try reading it with a card reader. If the computer can't see the pictures, it's likely the card is corrupted.

If the computer can see the pictures, then try another card. If the camera can't see that one either, then the most likely explanation is that the card door or the battery door didn't close securely. Each door has a micro switch that tells the camera that it's closed, and the camera won't take pictures if it thinks either door is open.

Bob

Theomid
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have Canon 1DX mark ii, I had a photoshoot afterward, I couldn't transfer pictures to my computer either camera or card reader because of this error "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change card or format card". I can't format it too. is there any way to retreat/recover photos?

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORMAT THE CARD IN-CAMERA OR ON A COMPUTER UNTIL YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP ALL HOPE OF RETRIEVING THE IMAGES FROM IT!

What specific card are you using? Is it a micro SD card with an adapter or a full size SD card?

@Theomid wrote:

Hello, 

I have Canon 1DX mark ii, I had a photoshoot afterward, I couldn't transfer pictures to my computer either camera or card reader because of this error "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change card or format card". I can't format it too. is there any way to retreat/recover photos?

Since no card reader that I ever saw could be accessed via Ethernet or WiFi, I assume you're using a USB cable. And since you can't see even the card reader, I wonder if you're trying to use one of those cheap USB cables that has no data strands and is good only for charging a cell phone.

Bob

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Theomid wrote:

Hello, 

Since no card reader that I ever saw could be accessed via Ethernet or WiFi, I assume you're using a USB cable. And since you can't see even the card reader, I wonder if you're trying to use one of those cheap USB cables that has no data strands and is good only for charging a cell phone.

Just for information.  A wifi card reader plus ...

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Filehub-Wireless-Connect-Streamer/dp/B07N6BYH7Z/ref=sr_1_4?gclid=EAI...

" I can't format it too. is there any way to retreat/recover photos?"

If you can't retrieve your photos why in the world would you want to format it? Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you can not retrieve the photos from the card contact the card manufacturer. They have ways of getting your photos back if it is possible.  If you used a cheapo card you are probably screwed.

There is recovery software that you can try some of it is even free.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements