Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Car LED lights are pink/purple, not red

@VektorCRO wrote:
Thing is, I do around 30 cars daily. Each car 20 photos. Using extra lights or tripod is not possible with time requierments.

As Albert Einstein is suppposed to have once said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible – but not simpler."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Well said Bob!

Many companies have gone bankrupt by being the most efficient producer of products that nobody wants to buy.  Efficiecny without simultaneous effectiveness is worthless.

Rodger 

EOS 1DX M2, 1DX, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
VIP

I am still curious what the lights would look like with a longer exposure. I am a little surprised that a CPL filter would have no effect on the lights.

I get the impression that you are close to your wits end, and are rushing for a solution, instead of taking a moment to observe and think it through.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

At the very least, can you take some shots at varying exposure compensations to make sure that if the lights are not blown out, they are red? Also try a shot in RAW to see if that gives you enough dynamic range to lower the highlights to make the lights red.

But you aren't even trying. You need to determine the exact cause of the problem before you can fix it.