cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car LED lights are pink/purple, not red

VektorCRO
Contributor

I have a problem where lights (taillights and even inside on car gauge dials, the light is not red but purple. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I am using 5d MkII with 17-40, white balance is automatic. I am shooting hundrets of cars and editing one by one is a big job. Thanks for your anwsers in advance.

IMG_8505.JPGIMG_8505.JPG

33 REPLIES 33

@VektorCRO wrote:
Thing is, I do around 30 cars daily. Each car 20 photos. Using extra lights or tripod is not possible with time requierments.

As Albert Einstein is suppposed to have once said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible – but not simpler."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Well said Bob!

Many companies have gone bankrupt by being the most efficient producer of products that nobody wants to buy.  Efficiecny without simultaneous effectiveness is worthless.

Rodger 

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I am still curious what the lights would look like with a longer exposure. I am a little surprised that a CPL filter would have no effect on the lights.

I get the impression that you are close to your wits end, and are rushing for a solution, instead of taking a moment to observe and think it through.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

At the very least, can you take some shots at varying exposure compensations to make sure that if the lights are not blown out, they are red? Also try a shot in RAW to see if that gives you enough dynamic range to lower the highlights to make the lights red.

But you aren't even trying. You need to determine the exact cause of the problem before you can fix it.

Announcements