cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon

david2002
Contributor

Can y tell me guys how can I focus manually on Canon 1300D ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@david2002 wrote:

There's a switch on the lens. You move the mark from AF to MF. Then you turn the focus ring (the one that's not the zoom ring) until the subject looks sharp.

And don't forget to switch it back when you're done. A common mistake is to think you're using autofocus when you're not.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@david2002 wrote:

There's a switch on the lens. You move the mark from AF to MF. Then you turn the focus ring (the one that's not the zoom ring) until the subject looks sharp.

And don't forget to switch it back when you're done. A common mistake is to think you're using autofocus when you're not.

Bob

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Manual focus can be challenging to accomplish on a Rebel.  The viewfinder isn't optimized for MF.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Manual focus can be challenging to accomplish on a Rebel.  The viewfinder isn't optimized for MF.

I'm not sure the viewfinder of any Canon DSLR is optimized for MF. Back when KatzEye was still in business, I converted my 50D to a screen with a split image and Fresnel ring, and that helped some. But even that didn't work on a Rebel, because it blurred out the squares that indicate the AF points.

Bob

atlanticinkjet
Contributor

"Press the left side magnification button. It is marked by * when you see the camera from the top. It will enable the focus point select mode. Turn the adjustment knob to the right and it will select the central point.
PS-Keep in mind not to press the set button when selecting the point. It again reverts the camera back to multiple point AF and more [Removed link per Community Guidelines]

Atlantic Inkjet
Announcements