cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon wont turn on

megangreen
Apprentice

I am completely new at this. I have a canon digital rebel xti and it has some broken prongs in the cf reader slot. However im trying to see if it is worth fixing or just replacing the camera entirely as it is a older one. I have charged 2 batteries and tried turning it on without a memory card and it wont, my question is shouldnt it be able to turn on without the memory card? If so what could I be doing wrong or what else can I try? 

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" However im trying to see if it is worth fixing ..."

No it is not.  Smiley Sad  Cut your lose and buy a new Rebel.  Besides not being worth fixing the new Rebels are lightyears better than an XTi. That alone is reason enough to replace it even if it was working.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you! I figured it would probably make sense to just buy a new camera but wasnt entirly sure. Im assuming more is wrong with it if it wont even turn on without the sd card. 

Yes it should turn on with or without the "CF" card. The XTi doesn't use SD cards.  Don't mess with it any further go check out the T8i.  Also the new current lenses are way better too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements