cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon wants $700 just to look at my camera and 2 lenses "does this sound right" ??

Robodot
Enthusiast

26 REPLIES 26

OK I am back. I had a quick job to get out of the way.

I looked at your samples. Now don't take any offense with this but your test are really meaningless.  You have different everything. Different resolutions, different apertures, different SS and even different color balance. That makes it very difficult to analyse what is going on. Here are your same test shots more or less balanced in color.  Although I still see some difference it may be do to aperture and SS differences.  Or it could be PS changing the resolution to match Who knows by now?

test shot.jpg

When you do a critical test you need to keep everything equal as much as possible.  Same light, same aperture and same SS.  Same ISO, etc.....everything. Try this again and this time for instance use ISO 200, SS of 1/500 at f8 same distance and tilt of the target on all three (or whatever the lighting conditions require).  I would like the FL to all be the same too but I guess that's not possible.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Here's something else to look at. Even though the 60D isn't user adjustable you can at least determine if you have a problem.

https://cdn.static-bl.com/images/manual/Canon-AF-Micro-Adjust-Guide.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK if you are satisfied with how you compared them, it looks like you have a bad copy of the lens. Its not the camera most likely. The kit 70-300mm zoom is not one of Canon's best efforts anyway. Sorry, I tried.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Announcements