cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t3i

shutterbug5
Contributor

My camera is only a couple of months old.  I have taken hundreds of pictures with it and I usually shoot on shutter priority setting.  I took my camera to a wildlife park yesterday.  It was clear, sunny, warm, no clouds.  At least half of the pictures were blurry. I expect a few but that many? And 6 times the camera took black pictures just like I was trying to shoot at night with no flash. The SDHC card is probably a couple of months old. I format it usually after each use.  The battery was fully charged.  Any ideas? Do you think my camera is getting ready to break? Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Check the AF/MF switch on the side of the lens. Sometimes you bump it from Autofocus to Manual Focus.

If it is in AF, then try another lens. if it is still happening with a 2nd lens, it is something with the camera or something you are doing.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Can you post a few of the bad photos? If not can you tells us what the ISO, aperture and shutter speed was?

Mike Sowsun

ScottyP
Authority
Also, what focus mode? One Shot, AI Focus, or AI Servo? If you are in One Shot focusing mode, something moving can get blurred.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements