cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon sl2 has pink and green shadows on almost every photo

d5heilman
Contributor

I just purchased a canon sl2/200d. It has pink and green shadows almost like the colors are not aligned properly. It shows on the screen and after the
Pics are sent to my computer. But after I run them through Lightroom the issue is fixed. I emailed canon technical support but there is no response. What do I do?D5F8C66B-B69F-4DBC-ABF2-CAA3ED3226B2.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Wait for a response from Canon.  You seem to be zoomed in pretty far.  What lens are you using?  It looks like heavy Chromatic Aberration from the lens to me.  Lightroom would know how to correct and remove much of it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using a tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3. I will look through the pictures using my other lens to see if it is there.

Yes it does seem to be the lens. My canon 10-18mm and my canon 50mm do not do it. Shoot I really like that 16-300 lens it’s so versatile.

@d5heilman wrote:

Yes it does seem to be the lens. My canon 10-18mm and my canon 50mm do not do it. Shoot I really like that 16-300 lens it’s so versatile.

You're not the only one:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60257447

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Shoot I really like that 16-300 lens it’s so versatile."

What does that mean?  Have you used that lens on a different camera and it was OK?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@d5heilman wrote:

I am using a tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3. I will look through the pictures using my other lens to see if it is there.

That is an extremely wide focal range.  I use four lenses to cover that range of focal lengths: 16-35; 24-105; 70-200; and a 100-400.

The ratio of long to short is nearly 20:1.  High quality zooms are typically in the 3:1 and 4:1 range, or less.  In order to make a lens with that wide of a focus range, some compromises must be made, and image quality always suffers.  The CA is probably worse at the endpoints of the zoom focal range, and less apparent in the middle.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements