cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mk iii - stop recording + can’t format SD card

Franchise85
Apprentice

Hello,

Yesterday I was shooting some interviews with my Canon mk iii and suddenly the camera automatically stoped and went black. I tried to change battery, I took out the SD card and still didn’t worked. Only when I changed the SD card it was good to continue my shooting.

I came home and I put the LEXAR 128GB Sd card on my card reader and My Mac still don’t recognise it, even in Disk utilities..

I also tried to put it back on my canon to format it but when I try it it says:

“Card2 cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera”

I tried to format it in camera but I got this message:

“Cannot format. Change card2”

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the Write Protect Tab on the SD card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Also, visuaully look inside the card slot.  Many years ago, I inadvertently inserted an SD card backward.  At the business end of the SD card (the card with the gold contacts), there are plastic ribs that separate each contact and I managed to mangle them and this left some debris inside the card slot.  I started having problems.

But once I inspected the slot and saw a few bits of mangled plastic (form those ribs) stuck inside, I was able to very carefully remove them (preferably using something non-conductive and do be gentle)... and the camera was back to normal from that day on (I never had another problem with it.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements