cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lost my camera!!!

GustavoRemor
Contributor

So i send my 6D mkll to the factory servise due a problem whith the sensor, the canon said is a warranty case, great!
I not living in US so i put a andress of the fishisfast, to hold my package until the date I'd be in the country July 9-20.
But the guy who entered the address in Canon service, put the wrong number and send to FEDEX! The right number would be 15, and he put 75!
According to Fedex the package was delivered on June 30, I waited to receive an email from fishisfast, and it never happened, on July 6 I emailed them asking about my package and they informed me that it never arrived.
So I sent an email to canon asking for the delivery address and I saw the error that THEY committed, a wrong number, I answered the email showing the mistake, I attached the repair request form (where the address was in the first place)

[image removed due to visible personal information] 

They sent me to another department, which took a week to respond: ''Fedex investigated this delivery and the camera was delivered to the correct address and signed for.'' Then I replied that the mistake was not fedex, I explained all this to him , and now it's been 2 days and no answer, Friday I'm leaving the country, without my camera. Thank you canon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 1 would be ambigious if it were not for the zip code line.  There you have a 1 and a 7 from the same "author" in the same 5 digit number so it should have been clear to the data entry person at Canon that it is a #1 in the first part of the address.

We tend to use minimally paid (often outsourced) postions for this type of corporate work and generally built into the expected cost savings is the coverage of errors that occur.

Good luck on getting this resolved.

Rodger  

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Looks ambiguous to me.

The top line sure looks like a "75."

I don't know how they train the people who transcribe these, it probably consists of "Read these and type the info from that box in this place in the computer"

But I doubt they teach them to look over the whole card to determine the font before entering the data.

When I scan this I just parse each individual character.

@GustavoRemor wrote:

"So the OP wrote an ambiguous address, Canon made the wrong guess and Fed-Ex shipped it where they were told to."

I'll let you decide if it's ambiguous or not:

IMG_1100_2018-07-20_10.30.40.jpg

To an American not familiar with European orthographic conventions, yes it is ambiguous. In handwriting, we don't put the serif on a "1", so most would not think to look for, or even understand the significance of, the disambiguating slash mark through the "7". Should the folks at Fedex, who presumably see shipments to and from Europe on a regular basis, have gotten it right? I suppose so.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

OK, is the first number 15 or 75?  Smiley Frustrated   The 719 is definitely 719, to me anyway.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The 1 would be ambigious if it were not for the zip code line.  There you have a 1 and a 7 from the same "author" in the same 5 digit number so it should have been clear to the data entry person at Canon that it is a #1 in the first part of the address.

We tend to use minimally paid (often outsourced) postions for this type of corporate work and generally built into the expected cost savings is the coverage of errors that occur.

Good luck on getting this resolved.

Rodger  

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

GustavoRemor
Contributor

Came on, the guy need to put all the andress, including zipcode!
I understand that was a mistake, but it sure was not mine.

As I said before, I have no idea where the fault lies.

Like I said.  FedEx gave it to someone.  They signed for it.  It's gone now.  If the package cannot be recovered, its an insurance claim. For the owner or shipper.   

The carrier can't be held responsible if they in fact delivered to the address on the label.

Is Canon responsible?  I suppose if one can prove that the shipper absolutely sent your stuff to the wrong address resulting in a loss, then they might help in some way. But that way, is likely going to be an insurance claim.

I had 4 tires that should have come to a friends shop. Instead they got dropped off at a local Costco.  The UPS guy had 80 tires on his truck,  76 of them for Costco, 4 for another address (me).  Costco got all of them.  Although they were labeled correctly, Costco kept them and I got another set shipped from Tirerack.  They just claimed it as a loss.   

Quickest resolution.  File an insurance claim.       

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

GustavoRemor
Contributor

Hi everyone, Canon has solved the problem, they sent me a refurbished, a new battery and charger, thanks Dayvon who kep intouch with me and solved this misunderstanding, peace! 

I have most of my packages, especially ones that need a signature, delivered to the local UPS store, or pickup center.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements