cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon firmware problem on 1DX?

ratan
Enthusiast

Notice how the camera is off. Do not question me about the CF card because I am using Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro 90/MB/s. Even after switching the camera on and off doesn't change anything, as well as switching different CF cards. Any 1DX users have this problem?

Spoiler

Bug?

I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

ratan,

While the CF card you are using should be compatible without any issues, it is best to rule the CF card out by trying other cards in the camera.  We have not experienced this issue with our own EOS-1D X cameras.

Do you still experience this same issue with other cards installed?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MichaelDanielHo
Enthusiast

I have upgarded to Firmware 1.1.1 as soon as it was available and have absolutely no problem. In fact the EOS-1D X is perfoming flawless ever since I got it about 4 months ago and I have taken it on quite a few photo shoots already, including some fairly grueling ones. You can read about it here.

http://MichaelDanielHo.com  

I had no issues with my 1DX till I installed the new firmware. Its quite the strange case. 

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II

ratan
Enthusiast

No one has experienced this problem before?? Can any Canon Experts please assist me. 

Much appreciated

Canon:

Nikon:

Mykolas
Authority

ratan,

While the CF card you are using should be compatible without any issues, it is best to rule the CF card out by trying other cards in the camera.  We have not experienced this issue with our own EOS-1D X cameras.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@inactive010823 wrote:

ratan,

Thanks Mike,

I have actually tried all my CF cards and none of them work. I was just making sure whether it could be solved without going to customer care center.

Appreciate your time,

Ratan

Canon:

Nikon:

Having problems with 1dx.     Without. Any cards inserted works fine. But as soon as I put a card in it plays up. Starts really slow if at all then tells me cards need formatting. (Will not format them).  Then tells me card is not compatible     Tried many cards. All cards work fine in a friends 1d mk 4. ,,,,,!,,,,

Canon service have told me that the 6th pin on the r/h side looking from back is pushed in on both slots. They said a grain of sand could have been lodged in the cf card & when inserted into both slots it has pushed pins in. Same card does nothing to 1d mk4 or other test cameras. Really strange. Quote to fix approx $450. Even though they only looked through back of camera with a lamp. Have looked myself & now found pins are pushed in. Micheals cameras tested & found pins ok but did try a cf card in slot. Now I don't know what caused the problem. Could have been electronic them damage after micheals inserted there cf card. Where do I stand. Did Clayton service centre try a card in. What is the procedure when a camera is taken in for a repair. Only six months old. Should anyone have just had a look or put a card in without doing any paperwork. ??? The camera has now been touched by 2 different people other than my self. I saw micheals insert their card. But Clayton service centre took behind a screen !!!
Believe that canon is very defensive when a camera is taken in under warranty, my experience was not at all professional even though my 1dx is a professional camera. I am not a professional photographer just a builder. I was treated like a builder, I looked like a builder, maybe I should wear a suit next time. It's probably a bent pin, that was before they looked at it. Should have handed the camera over to them without doing paperwork. Very unprofessional Probably doing to cost me now but not without a fight.

@Steveturns wrote:
Believe that canon is very defensive when a camera is taken in under warranty, my experience was not at all professional even though my 1dx is a professional camera

Its nothing new. When I brought in my 1Dx to Canon 2 months ago, canon service took my camera and questioned me whether or not if i am using a fast enough CF card since I was getting an error message. And boy I felt that my intelligence was being tested. They told me my 1Dx will need a week. It took them 1.5 months to service my camera. I called them every week asking what was wrong with my 1Dx yet they couldn't answer. When I got my camera in the mail from Canon and read the receipt, they replaced a whole entire CMOS! Seriously... they could have said something. 

Canon:

Nikon:
Announcements