cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon eos rp constantly focuses, drawing the battery.

LuciferTernando
Apprentice

Hi everyone,   I recently upgraded my 7d to the rp i have been really enjoying it so far.   One thing I noticed is that the rp constantly focuses and hunts even though I am not focusing on a subject. I'll be walking around with it pointing at the floor and the AF motor will be whizzing and wining. I tried changing the modes. Single shot back button focus etc. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong? This isn't an issue with my Canon 7d. When I use my DSLR, the focus motor only moves when I half press my shutter or focus lock button.  Is there a setting I'm missing? Manual mode, single shot, spot focus  I've updated the firmware to 1.4

1 REPLY 1

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Do you have continuous AF enabled (this is NOT the same as servo AF)?  (7th menu section under the camera tab).  If you are using an IS lens, did you leave IS turned on which will remain active for a period fo teim after it is activated and you will hear the IS system in operation.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements