cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T2i upgrade

TechSpotlight
Contributor

Hey all,

I currently own a Canon T2i and I have decided to upgrade from it.  I currently own a Canon 15-85 USM and a 55-250 IS STM lens and I have been eyeing the Canon T7i for quite some time.  I normally shoot vehicles and rail (cars, buses, trucks, trains etc.) in direct sunlight, cloudy weather and at night.  My T2i is an absolute beast in the sunlight and in cloudy weather, but not so much in the dark.  At times it can be very grainy and sometimes can blur on me.  Do you think the T7i will be a good upgrade for night time photography?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The T7i would be an awesome upgrade for you with much better High ISO performance than your T2i. 

For a little more money I would also consider the 77D or 80D.

Mike Sowsun

Totally agree with Mike.  Depending upon your budget.  The 80D would be best (mine go really well with my own 15-85s).  It might be worth looking at Canon's refurbished offerings...

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@TechSpotlight wrote:

Hey all,

I currently own a Canon T2i and I have decided to upgrade from it.  I currently own a Canon 15-85 USM and a 55-250 IS STM lens and I have been eyeing the Canon T7i for quite some time.  I normally shoot vehicles and rail (cars, buses, trucks, trains etc.) in direct sunlight, cloudy weather and at night.  My T2i is an absolute beast in the sunlight and in cloudy weather, but not so much in the dark.  At times it can be very grainy and sometimes can blur on me.  Do you think the T7i will be a good upgrade for night time photography?

Thanks

As it happens, I once faced this exact question. I had bought my wife a T2i to replace her XTi, and to this day I think that it (the T2i) was one of the best cameras Canon has ever made. I decided that only the 7D Mark II would do as the next step, so I persuaded her to take on the extra weight. It worked; she's gotten some excellent pictures with the 7D2. Today what would I do? I'd wait for the mirrorless R-2.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements