cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5, light leakage? Brighter exposure on the edge of my photos

bolofoto
Contributor

There seems to be a bright overexposure running along one edge of my photos, seems to be the bottom of the censor maybe. Anyone else experience this? I am using a Canon EF adaptor and a Sigma 35mm lens. 

12 REPLIES 12

I was using HSS flash. This is not a high speed sync flash issue. That image stripe on the edge is there whether its 1/300 or 1/800 which were most of my shots. The sync issue would be MUCH more prononced and in different location based on shutter speed.

Also, as I mentioned, its not there in mechanical shutter. 

@bolofoto wrote:

I was using HSS flash. This is not a high speed sync flash issue. That image stripe on the edge is there whether its 1/300 or 1/800 which were most of my shots. The sync issue would be MUCH more prononced and in different location based on shutter speed.

Also, as I mentioned, its not there in mechanical shutter. 

Exactly.  Use the mechanical shutter.  What's the point of using salient shutter with flashes and strobes popping off?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have seen this before with the EOS R. Why it happened I never figured out, but randomly some images would have an oddly bright edge similar to this, always on the right/bottom edge. Haven't noticed it on the R5. It could be lens related, you never know. I would try a Canon lens if you have one.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements