cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5, light leakage? Brighter exposure on the edge of my photos

bolofoto
Contributor

There seems to be a bright overexposure running along one edge of my photos, seems to be the bottom of the censor maybe. Anyone else experience this? I am using a Canon EF adaptor and a Sigma 35mm lens. 

12 REPLIES 12

Ray-uk
Whiz

You really need to post a picture so that we can see this. If it is appearing at the bottom of the picture then it is at the top of the sensor.

Does it happen with a standard Canon lens, some adaptors can suffer from internal reflections that cause bright spots.

Here are some photos, not sure if its ok to post them here.

6W6A0079.jpg

6W6A0072.jpg

6W6A0074.jpg6W6A0073.jpg

Which edge is overexposed?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The bottom or the right side when camera is rotated. You can see that bright strip.

Are you using any strobes or flash?  Were you using the silent shutter?  If the answers are "no and no", then you need to contact Canon Support.

Yes, I was using off camera flash, but no to the silent shutter. 1st Curtain electronic.

Edit: Confirmed, this happens when using Electronic or 1st Curtain electronic. Not mechanical shutter. I also noticed it happens when the shutter speed is above 1/250th of a second. At 1/200th I do not see it.

So can anyone tell me if this is a problem with the sensor or is it because of a Sigma Lens and Canon EF Adapter? I never had this problem with my Canon 90D. Thanks in advance.

I think if you stop using the silent shutter with the flash/strobe, then the issue just may go away.

@bolofoto wrote:

Yes, I was using off camera flash, but no to the silent shutter. 1st Curtain electronic.

Edit: Confirmed, this happens when using Electronic or 1st Curtain electronic. Not mechanical shutter. I also noticed it happens when the shutter speed is above 1/250th of a second. At 1/200th I do not see it.

Read your manual, maximum sync speed for electronic shutter is 1/250, for mechanical shutter it is 1/200. If you want to use higher shutter speeds then you need to use HSS flash but that opens another can of worms.

Announcements