cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 File Name Issue

ednet
Apprentice

I had used 2021 as User Setting 1 for the file name without any problems until today. Now my files start with _021 instead of 2021. I have reformatted my cards but the issue remains. I have gone to SET UP1 - FILE NAME, erased 2021 and re-entered 2021 but the files are still coming out as _021. What should be 20210971.CR3 is now showing as _0210971.CR3. What is the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ednet
Apprentice

Ok, I found the cause of the issue! I had recently changed the COLOR SPACE (SHOOT3 menu) from sRGB to Adobe RGB. When in Adobe RGB, the underscore appears (_021) and when in sRGB, no underscore (2021). Does anyone know why and how to fix this so no underscore when using Adobe RGB?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ednet
Apprentice

Ok, I found the cause of the issue! I had recently changed the COLOR SPACE (SHOOT3 menu) from sRGB to Adobe RGB. When in Adobe RGB, the underscore appears (_021) and when in sRGB, no underscore (2021). Does anyone know why and how to fix this so no underscore when using Adobe RGB?

@ednet wrote:

There is noting to fix, because that is how all cameras work, not just Canon.  If yo use the EOS Utility to download files from the camera, then you can automatically rename the files to almost anything you want.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements