cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Mii playback not working

Saysha
Apprentice
Hi would appreciate some help! My Canon Mii stopped playing back my captures. If I turn the camera off and in again I can play back the images but if I click the shutter it doesn't play the images back. Tried a different battery, card and lens and same problem. Sometimes the back display also keeps flickers by to try and display the images. The other functions on the back panel appear to be fine. Has anybody had this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Saysha wrote:
Hi would appreciate some help! My Canon Mii stopped playing back my captures. If I turn the camera off and in again I can play back the images but if I click the shutter it doesn't play the images back. Tried a different battery, card and lens and same problem. Sometimes the back display also keeps flickers by to try and display the images. The other functions on the back panel appear to be fine. Has anybody had this issue?

What type of camera are you using?  EOS 7D Mark II?

Try resetting the camera.  If you're using the 7D2, I would test it out using only one type of memory card, and then the other type.  Make sure to reformat the memory cards in the camera prior to use.  I, also, use two memory cards that are the same size, too.  Test to see if having a lens mounted, or not, makes a difference.

Cameras also have a clock battery, which can cause cameras to fail to operate, too.  Your best course of action is always to contact Canon Support.  Be sure to able to describe the exact steps it takes to repeat the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Saysha
Apprentice
Thank you so much for your reply. Its a canon 5D. I have tried different cards and lenses but the same thing happens. I know I will probably have to take it in but I just wanted to prepare myself for the degree of repair....

@Saysha wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply. Its a canon 5D. I have tried different cards and lenses but the same thing happens. I know I will probably have to take it in but I just wanted to prepare myself for the degree of repair....

A Canon 5D, as in 5D Mark II?  No matter, my same advice applies.  Again, it's always best to contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements