cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 doesn’t take pic or record video?

mcintoshmc
Apprentice
When I use the kit lens, everything works fine. I bought an Adapter so I can use EF and EFS lenses. I then purchased the sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 lens and auto focus doesn’t work, and it doesn’t allow me to take pics or record once I manually focus. Am I doing something wrong or did I receive a faulty lens?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mcintoshmc wrote:
Commlite CM-EF-EOS M Electronic Auto-Focus Lens Mount Adapter-Canon EF/EF-S D/SLR Lens to Canon EOS M (EF-M Mount) Mirrorless Camera Body Adapter for Canon EOS M1 M2 M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100

If the camera displays an aperture value of "F00", then the mount adapter is either bad, or not fully clicked into place.  Of course, the lens could be bad, too.  But, I expect that you have it properly mounted.  Get an exchange for the mount.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

At first glance, it seems like the adapter could be the problem.  Which adapter did you buy?  

mcintoshmc
Apprentice
Commlite CM-EF-EOS M Electronic Auto-Focus Lens Mount Adapter-Canon EF/EF-S D/SLR Lens to Canon EOS M (EF-M Mount) Mirrorless Camera Body Adapter for Canon EOS M1 M2 M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100

@mcintoshmc wrote:

If the camera displays an aperture value of "F00", then the mount adapter is either bad, or not fully clicked into place.  Of course, the lens could be bad, too.  But, I expect that you have it properly mounted.  Get an exchange for the mount.

mcintoshmc
Apprentice
Thank you for that. I does reflect F00, so I will look at it again.

@mcintoshmc wrote:
Thank you for that. I does reflect F00, so I will look at it again.

Just to be clear.  I mean if it displays F00 with the Sigma lens attached to it.  

mcintoshmc
Apprentice
Thanks for your help. I bit the bullet and purchased the canon mount versus going the cheap route on Amazon, and the canon mount worked perfectly.

@mcintoshmc wrote:
Thanks for your help. I bit the bullet and purchased the canon mount versus going the cheap route on Amazon, and the canon mount worked perfectly.

You won't find many people in this forum who think that buying camera equipment from Amazon is a good idea.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements