cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M2 shows "Image cannot be sent" when trying to upload through iMAGE GATEWAY

jaywong168
Apprentice

I got the web service set up and everything seems fine on the service end, but then I go through the WiFi utitlity on the camera and try to start uploading images but it tells me that every image on the disk cannot be sent.

Please kindly advice what I'm missing here.

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am trying this out right now. 13 MB jpg will take around 20 seconds to send from my M5. To upload raw files to Image gateway will not work, but I can send raw files to my computer from another place. 50 raw files take around 20-30 minutes to send.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which model of M Series camera are you using?  I think M2 is a typo.

What files types are you trying to transmit?  I'm not sure if you can transmit RAW [CR2] files to the Image Gateway.  Files transmitted to the Image Gateway can be shared for viewing.  RAW files must be processed into JPEG files before they can shared with other mobile devices.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Which model of M Series camera are you using?  I think M2 is a typo.

Canon EOS M2 exists.

@Waddizzle wrote:

Which model of M Series camera are you using?  I think M2 is a typo. ...

I think the M2 came out during that period when the M series wasn't being sold in the U.S.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Canon M2 exists but only sold in JP. So as you said, Image Gateway doesn't support RAW files to upload, right?

I am trying this out right now. 13 MB jpg will take around 20 seconds to send from my M5. To upload raw files to Image gateway will not work, but I can send raw files to my computer from another place. 50 raw files take around 20-30 minutes to send.

Thank you for your reply. Let's me try then.

@Peter wrote:

but I can send raw files to my computer from another place. 50 raw files take around 20-30 minutes to send.

Are you sending RAW files to your computer using the Canon Image Gateway?

@mitoids wrote:

@Peter wrote:

but I can send raw files to my computer from another place. 50 raw files take around 20-30 minutes to send.

Are you sending RAW files to your computer using the Canon Image Gateway?

He said that he is using the M5, not the M2.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements