cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M10- nfc problem

Danielav
Apprentice

Hi. I bought my Camera few days ago. I am able to connect it through wifi settings with my phone Huawei G7 but I can't get that one touch feature with NFC. I have turned on nfc on my phone and camera,but it just doesn't connect. I really would love to be able to use one touch feature because I don't want to go through wifi setting every time.

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Danielav wrote:

Hi. I bought my Camera few days ago. I am able to connect it through wifi settings with my phone Huawei G7 but I can't get that one touch feature with NFC. I have turned on nfc on my phone and camera,but it just doesn't connect. I really would love to be able to use one touch feature because I don't want to go through wifi setting every time.

thank you

What "one touch feature" are you talking about?  You have not described the problem.  If the camera connects to your phone, then what exactly is the problem?  We have no idea what you're trying to do, nor what you expect that you should be able to do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Danielav
Apprentice
There is two ways how to connect camera with phone. Wifi and NFC. Wifi works. But as seen it's possible to just put phone next to the camera and they connect automatically. This is what I mean.

@Danielav wrote:
There is two ways how to connect camera with phone. Wifi and NFC. Wifi works. But as seen it's possible to just put phone next to the camera and they connect automatically. This is what I mean.

I suspect one, you haven't read the manual, and two, your phone has a case which is weakening the NFC signal. 

John_SD
Whiz

@Danielav wrote:

thank you

I also have an NFC-enabled phone, but I don't use that feature to connect camera to phone as it is very easy to do without it. 

Once the phone and camera are connected, I simply launch the Camera Connect app on my phone and begin the transfer of images to my phone. 

Download the PDF for the Wireless Function Instruction Manual for your specific camera and read it. It's not that hard. 

jojymu
Contributor

According to Huawei G7 Manual what you need to do is:

• Activate the NFC function of the smartphone.
  • Switch this product to shooting mode.
  • Touch the product to the smartphone.
  • The smartphone and the product are connected, and PlayMemories Mobile launches on the smartphone.
  • Touch the smartphone to the product for 1-2 seconds until PlayMemories Mobile launches.

SJS11
Apprentice
in a japanese(?) video on YouTube there appears to be an NFC menu item in the Canon Connect app that I do not have in my european/English version.
Touching phone and camera does not have any effect, even after making an wifi connection in the more elaborate way
Announcements