Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: Canon LP-E6N COUNTERFEIT

I have no idea if the batteries are genuine but as regards the voltage markings, the usual marking of 7.2V is the nominal voltage from this type of battery, when fully charged they can measure as much as 8.4V. So both figures are correct and not a cause for concern.

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

What looks a bit suspicious to me is the fact that the label on the OP's battery dooesn't show a date of manufacture or the sourcing from Pansonic.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This morning the seller answered my message. He said it’s genuine just it’s a canon bundle from Japan. Anyway, it’s what it’s. I already bought 2 brand new and OEM canon batteries from Adorama.
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yosvaldy wrote:
This morning the seller answered my message. He said it’s genuine just it’s a canon bundle from Japan. Anyway, it’s what it’s. I already bought 2 brand new and OEM canon batteries from Adorama.

Strange then because it is English and Chinese written on the battery, not English and Japanese.

Cameras bought in Japan often have language restriction in the menu. For example had my 6D, before I removed the restriction, three languages to choose between. Chinese, Japanese and English.

DCS 3c, DCS 520, D30, D60, 1Ds, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, 7D, 6D, 6D, M5
15-45/3.5-6.3 IS, 16-35/4 IS, 22/2, 24/1.4 II, 24-105/4 IS, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS II, 300/2.8 IS
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Nope, my canon 5DSR comes with all languages possible to choose. (One of those batteries came with this camera)
Highlighted
VIP

@Yosvaldy wrote:
Nope, my canon 5DSR comes with all languages possible to choose. (One of those batteries came with this camera)

Does the camera's serial number allow you to download software from Canon USA?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, it does, and a valid serial number!