cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LP-E6N COUNTERFEIT

Yosvaldy
Contributor

I bought few days ago a Canon 5DS and a Canon 5DSR from different stores. Both cameras came with a Canon LP-E6N battery, but I start to seach about counterfeit canon accesories, and I saw that these batteries (both has same design) has different label and also these are 8.37V/14Wh.

I will attach the image.

Anyone knows about if are fake or geniune (just with brand new label)

Regards

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-0340.jpg

IMG-0336.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Yosvaldy, 

Canon USA is happy to assist you in determining if the product in question is a Genuine Canon product. If your LP-E6N has the Canon logo on it, and you suspect it is a counterfeit, please discontinue use immediately.

In order to provide verification, we will need high resolution images of the product from all angles. Be certain to include very clear shots of the front and back, as well as of the packaging and any hologram.

Please submit the evaluation images electronically, and include your observations about function or form, and concerns to the following email address:

anti-counterfeit@cusa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

I think what he saw as a bulge was a light reflection on the final photo in your original post.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Ray-uk
Whiz

I have no idea if the batteries are genuine but as regards the voltage markings, the usual marking of 7.2V is the nominal voltage from this type of battery, when fully charged they can measure as much as 8.4V. So both figures are correct and not a cause for concern.

Yosvaldy
Contributor
This morning the seller answered my message. He said it’s genuine just it’s a canon bundle from Japan. Anyway, it’s what it’s. I already bought 2 brand new and OEM canon batteries from Adorama.

@Yosvaldy wrote:
This morning the seller answered my message. He said it’s genuine just it’s a canon bundle from Japan. Anyway, it’s what it’s. I already bought 2 brand new and OEM canon batteries from Adorama.

Strange then because it is English and Chinese written on the battery, not English and Japanese.

Cameras bought in Japan often have language restriction in the menu. For example had my 6D, before I removed the restriction, three languages to choose between. Chinese, Japanese and English.

Yosvaldy
Contributor
Nope, my canon 5DSR comes with all languages possible to choose. (One of those batteries came with this camera)

@Yosvaldy wrote:
Nope, my canon 5DSR comes with all languages possible to choose. (One of those batteries came with this camera)

Does the camera's serial number allow you to download software from Canon USA?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yosvaldy
Contributor
Yes, it does, and a valid serial number!
Announcements