cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LP-E6N COUNTERFEIT

Yosvaldy
Contributor

I bought few days ago a Canon 5DS and a Canon 5DSR from different stores. Both cameras came with a Canon LP-E6N battery, but I start to seach about counterfeit canon accesories, and I saw that these batteries (both has same design) has different label and also these are 8.37V/14Wh.

I will attach the image.

Anyone knows about if are fake or geniune (just with brand new label)

Regards

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-0340.jpg

IMG-0336.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Yosvaldy, 

Canon USA is happy to assist you in determining if the product in question is a Genuine Canon product. If your LP-E6N has the Canon logo on it, and you suspect it is a counterfeit, please discontinue use immediately.

In order to provide verification, we will need high resolution images of the product from all angles. Be certain to include very clear shots of the front and back, as well as of the packaging and any hologram.

Please submit the evaluation images electronically, and include your observations about function or form, and concerns to the following email address:

anti-counterfeit@cusa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Tim
Authority

Yosvaldy, 

Canon USA is happy to assist you in determining if the product in question is a Genuine Canon product. If your LP-E6N has the Canon logo on it, and you suspect it is a counterfeit, please discontinue use immediately.

In order to provide verification, we will need high resolution images of the product from all angles. Be certain to include very clear shots of the front and back, as well as of the packaging and any hologram.

Please submit the evaluation images electronically, and include your observations about function or form, and concerns to the following email address:

anti-counterfeit@cusa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Yosvaidy,

What country did you purchase these batteries in?  That bulge on yours doesn't look good.  I wouldn't charge or use it again. 

My LP-E6N's are both genuine.  They are Canon brand, made by panasonic and boh have dates of manufacture stamped into their labels.  This one is US Warranty for comparison.

Gen3.png

Gen2.pngGen1.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will follow your advise! 
I will throw them away and I will buy 2 brand new from BH Photo or Adorama. Canon has those batteries at $80, and Adorama or BH Photo at $63.
Thanks

Yes exactly.  The reflection appeared to be a bulge.  Sorry for that.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

What is the best store to buy them, BHPhoto or Adorama?

Either of those two (or of course the Canon outlet store itself) are fine.  I have bought more stuff over the years from B&H but I have bought some stuff for my Hensel flash system from Adorama who keeps better stock of this German produced product than B&H and the service has been excellent from that store also.  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from either of those retailers.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks Rodger!

I look in Adorama, and I saw they have a VIP360 membership with a lot of features and discounts (2days free shipping) and I paid it (just $50 per year). 

I bought also the 2 LP-E6N batteries. Maybe in future I will replace my 6 LP-E6 for those 'N' version. But very slowly... 🙂

Thanks all you guys for the help!

What looks a bit suspicious to me is the fact that the label on the OP's battery dooesn't show a date of manufacture or the sourcing from Pansonic.

buy the way, what bulge do you mean?

IMG_0363.jpgIMG_0351.jpgIMG_0356.jpgIMG_0364.jpgIMG_0366.jpgIMG_0350.jpg

Announcements