Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-01-2019

Canon Intervalometer for EOS R!!

This is really just to help anyone else out who has to go through this and maybe save them a bit of trouble.

I recently bought an EOS R, and wanted to get an Intervalometer for it. I went to the Canon website and under "Supplies and Accessories" for that camera, it said to buy the TC-80N3. So I bought one on Amazon and got it yesterday, only to find out that it doesn't work. It has the old three-pin style socket, and the EOS R has something that looks like a headphone jack. After a ton of research and coming up with nothing, I called Canon. The guy on the phone was able to give me some direction, and told me that I needed to buy an adapter, part number RA-E3. It's a bit tough to find, but it's out there. I wish they'd had this information on their website somewhere...maybe they do, but I couldn't find it.

I know I could have just bought a Vello Shutterboss, but I like Canon accessories for whatever reason.

Reputable Contributor
Posts: 605
Registered: ‎10-21-2016

Re: Canon Intervalometer for EOS R!!

That is what the N3 in the name signifies, it is known as an N3 connecter.

This is not actually an "old style" plug, it is currently used by the majority of Canon's high end DSLRs.

powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement