cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS slowing or Jamming when taking continuous pics

Marshpike
Apprentice

Firsty going to have to apologise as although I've had m camera for 1.5 years I'm a little wet behind the ears with it.

I have an EOS70D with a Canon Zoom Lens EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 L USM lens, and I never take the hood (mentioning incase its relevant).

I use the camera to take pics at the local running races which I've been doing since I've had the camera but recently the camera seems to be jamming up, not sure if its struggling with focus, but it starts off good then half way through the pack of runners its stops for a rest before letting me take another single snap or two then needs a rest??

I haven't a clue what's causing this as its never happened in the past, takes great photos for the first few minutes before this starts to happen, apprecaite any ideas>???

12 REPLIES 12

Just like to say thanks to everyone camera now functioning correctly with a newer faster card P:)

That sounds logical and feels like it could be something to do with that, any recommendations on the best type of card to use.

I've never formatted the card (just done) one thing i noticed when it was 'resting' was the [999] how many frames left was flashing.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

👍

Thanks for taking the time to post your resolution. That is helpful to others who may come across this thread. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements