cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS T6 Cannot view pictures

DanMan99
Apprentice

Hello, 

Just got back from a trip in Slovenia and when I wanted to download the pictures, the SD card appeared empty.  

There was a file with a .t filetype and there are 8 GB of data on the card.  I just have no access.

I tried recovering with a recovery software (RECUVAR) but it only recovered deleted files.  Now I don't even see the .t file.

HELP! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@DanMan99 wrote:

Hello, 

Just got back from a trip in Slovenia and when I wanted to download the pictures, the SD card appeared empty.  

There was a file with a .t filetype and there are 8 GB of data on the card.  I just have no access.

I tried recovering with a recovery software (RECUVAR) but it only recovered deleted files.  Now I don't even see the .t file.

HELP! 🙂

Did your gear go through an x-ray machine, or something similar?  Either your memory card was corrupted, or your camera could be corrupting data written to the card.  Try a new card, and see if that works.

I fear that your pictures on the card just might be gone for good.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you ever see images on the camera LCD, either when you first took the photo or when you pressed blue arrow playback button?

There are no folders on the card?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

DanMan99
Apprentice
I was looking at the pictures in the cam on the way home. So they were good to that point.
There were folders, and still are on the card. Just empty. And yet there are 8 gb of data on the card

@DanMan99 wrote:
I was looking at the pictures in the cam on the way home. So they were good to that point.
There were folders, and still are on the card. Just empty. And yet there are 8 gb of data on the card

I have had good luck in the past with removable media using ISOBuster, but you really need to understand storage formatting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you don't see a folder with EOS in the name it sounds like your card is bad. Is it a name card (SanDisk or Lexar)? If so contact them. The card manufacturers can sometimes recover files.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements