Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon EOS T6 Cannot view pictures

Hello, 

Just got back from a trip in Slovenia and when I wanted to download the pictures, the SD card appeared empty.  

There was a file with a .t filetype and there are 8 GB of data on the card.  I just have no access.

I tried recovering with a recovery software (RECUVAR) but it only recovered deleted files.  Now I don't even see the .t file.

HELP! Smiley Happy

VIP

Re: Canon EOS T6 Cannot view pictures

@DanMan99 wrote:

Hello, 

Just got back from a trip in Slovenia and when I wanted to download the pictures, the SD card appeared empty.  

There was a file with a .t filetype and there are 8 GB of data on the card.  I just have no access.

I tried recovering with a recovery software (RECUVAR) but it only recovered deleted files.  Now I don't even see the .t file.

HELP! Smiley Happy

Did your gear go through an x-ray machine, or something similar?  Either your memory card was corrupted, or your camera could be corrupting data written to the card.  Try a new card, and see if that works.

I fear that your pictures on the card just might be gone for good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Honored Contributor

Did you ever see images on the camera LCD, either when you first took the photo or when you pressed blue arrow playback button?

There are no folders on the card?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

I was looking at the pictures in the cam on the way home. So they were good to that point.
There were folders, and still are on the card. Just empty. And yet there are 8 gb of data on the card
Honored Contributor

If you don't see a folder with EOS in the name it sounds like your card is bad. Is it a name card (SanDisk or Lexar)? If so contact them. The card manufacturers can sometimes recover files.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
VIP

@DanMan99 wrote:
I was looking at the pictures in the cam on the way home. So they were good to that point.
There were folders, and still are on the card. Just empty. And yet there are 8 gb of data on the card

I have had good luck in the past with removable media using ISOBuster, but you really need to understand storage formatting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."