cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel Digital Camera Suggestion Upgrade

gaspower
Apprentice

Hello,

I currently have been using the Digital EOS Rebel. My issue is that I use the Remote Capure 2.75 software and it only works on Windows XP. Can someone give me a recommendation for a camera upgrade that uses also a Remote Capure software that will work on Windos 7.

Thanks JR

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
any current EOS camera in production right now is compatible with Win7. However, there are a lot of products and it is not wise to upgrade just because of software incompatible. So, what are you looking for to upgrade? What's your budget? So we can help you better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Camera is fine, just need to be able to use Remote Capture software on a Windows 7 machine. For some reason, the version 2.75 from Canon does not work on Windows 7, even when I try the compatibility mode. I see this all over the net as an issue. I do not mind spending on another camera or even software. I need the ability to be able to shoot right into my computer. I am open to other software products that will all me to shot right into the computer.

Thanks Jr

I think Canon switching to EOS Utility for tether capturing so it is no longer support Remote Capture with newer OS. Canon Rebel is an old camera, and I know that Window Vista and newer OS would not recognize the camera so non of the software out there that I know of can provide tethered shooting for your camera on Windows 7. Maybe someone else know, but I think you will need to upgrade your camera.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements