cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Ra

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast

Contrary to those who said Canon would never market another camera built for astrophotography, the Ra is built for just that purpose. What amazes me is that Canon did not provide an intervalometer in the camera menu options like the 6D2 and other cameras have.  What were they thinking?

Is anyone utilizing the Ra for astrophotography?  I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Chris,

I don't dispute your knowledge of this.  You have one and have verified this?  I know new FW is avaialble as well v1.6.0

Not saying its been added, but there is no manual avialable currently.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

@Chris,

I don't dispute your knowledge of this.  You have one and have verified this?  I know new FW is avaialble as well v1.6.0

Not saying its been added, but there is no manual avialable currently.

To be succinct, the answer is "I don't know."

I was looking at the stats and description of the Ra and didn't see any information about an internal intervalometer, the type you'd use for shooting stills:  you can make time-elapsed videos with the camera — which isn't exactly the same (according to Canon Tech Support).  I posed the question directly to Canon, assuming I'd made a bad assumption or missed it.

The individual I spoke with at Canon Tech Support told me that the Ra did not have an intervalometer, a fact I confirmed with Canon Professional Services.  I suppose that the next step is to ask CPS for a loaner to evaluate for myself.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
Announcements