cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS RP HSS issues.

Vejas
Contributor

Hello Canon users,

Im using RP and found some issues with HSS when using off camera flash. Using RP and Cactus v6II. even with the newest firmware im having banding issues.

Cactus support said this: ,,Canon have changed their hardware requirement of the hot shoe pins since EOS RP. The hardware requirement, unfortunately, is not supported by the V6 II. The differences between Canon spec and the Cactus spec makes the recognition of the Canon signal very intermittent.''

Anyone else having hss banding issues when using off camera flash?
Anyone use triggers and do not have hss banding issues and what triggers is that?)

So im searching not for flashes, but for studio strobes and triggers who can do HSS without banding

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Get
@Vejas wrote:

Hello Canon users,

Im using RP and found some issues with HSS when using off camera flash. Using RP and Cactus v6II. even with the newest firmware im having banding issues.

Cactus support said this: ,,Canon have changed their hardware requirement of the hot shoe pins since EOS RP. The hardware requirement, unfortunately, is not supported by the V6 II. The differences between Canon spec and the Cactus spec makes the recognition of the Canon signal very intermittent.''

Anyone else having hss banding issues when using off camera flash?
Anyone use triggers and do not have hss banding issues and what triggers is that?)

Get a refund.  Get a Canon Speedlite. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Get a refund.  Get a Canon Speedlite

I was using that triggers for long time with non canon systems... but hearing many complaints about hss banding before update.
and im looking not for speedlite, but for studio strobes with triggers which do HSS

diverhank
Authority

Firmware 1.2.0 is supposed to fix this problem.  Are you sure you've got this latest firmware?

If you did, just don't use this flash.  I'd recommend using Canon equipment.  The only two non-Canon flash worth using are Yongnuo and Godox.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Yes i updated firmware to 1.2.0.
But as i said flash/trigger manufacturers CACTUS, said, that :  ,,Canon have changed their hardware requirement of the hot shoe pins since EOS RP. The hardware requirement, unfortunately, is not supported by the V6 II. The differences between Canon spec and the Cactus spec makes the recognition of the Canon signal very intermittent.''

So im searching not for flashes, but for studio strobes and triggers which can do HSS without banding

Announcements