cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R

DavidOwen
Apprentice

I would like to get peoples opinion about getting the Canon EOS R. I want to upgrade my camera to mirrorless and think the new RF Lens from canon look amazing plus would be a good investment for the future.

I normal take landscape and travel pictures with no videos so the crop size issues isn’t a factor for me.

I have also been looking at the Sony 7iii and don’t like the look and feel of it but understand at the moment they are ahead of canon in sensor design.

Just want to get peoples opinion who have used the EOS R and/or Sony 7i

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Why did I think to myself..  Where have I seen this post before?? 

My hunch was correct, and so was my memory. 

Dup.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"My hunch was correct, and so was my memory."

I am impressed. Now, why?  WHat's the deal?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ernie,

Morning and happy holidays.  Have a look at the picture I posted.  Same post, same wording from 3 different users.  Its a repost...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Good morning to you too and a very happy holiday season.

I saw your post.  I wonder why someone does that?

I guess I am not watching closely enough to notice these multi-post posts! You have good recall.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Rick,

Good morning to you too and a very happy holiday season.

I saw your post.  I wonder why someone does that?

I guess I am not watching closely enough to notice these multi-post posts! You have good recall.

I don't think "someone" is the right word.  The forums have been under attack by hackers for at least the past 2-3 years.  They like to post links to who knows where, frequently in the "user's" very first post.  When you get a reply, it is usually nonsense.

Now, they are getting a little more clever.  The first post does not contain a link.  But after a few days, suddenly the signature will change, and a link will be embedded in the signature.  The hide the link as regular text, too, instead of letting you see the web address domain name, AKA the dot com name.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

I don't think "someone" is the right word.  The forums have been under attack by hackers for at least the past 2-3 years.  They like to post links to who knows where, frequently in the "user's" very first post.  When you get a reply, it is usually nonsense.

Now, they are getting a little more clever.  The first post does not contain a link.  But after a few days, suddenly the signature will change, and a link will be embedded in the signature.  The hide the link as regular text, too, instead of letting you see the web address domain name, AKA the dot com name.

Also, the Canon forum software is basic and unsophisticated as these things go, so I expect the hackers to keep doing their thing. 

@John_SD wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Also, the Canon forum software is basic and unsophisticated as these things go, so I expect the hackers to keep doing their thing. 

OTOH, Canon seems to monitor the forum pretty closely, so the hackers often don't last very long.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Also, I think when they move a post, it appears as a totally new post with no read responses. I don't remember where this one started, but it could have been moved.

"I don't think "someone" is the right word."

I would make a rotten hacker or crook. I just don't think of the things they do. They just don't come to my mind. It is good we have people here that do spot it, so thnax, and keep up the eagle eye.

EB
Announcements