cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R

Lincon
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,

I would like to get peoples opinion about getting the Canon EOS R. I want to upgrade my camera to mirrorless and think the new RF Lens from canon look amazing plus would be a good investment for the future.

I normal take landscape and travel pictures with no videos so the crop size issues isn’t a factor for me.

I have also been looking at the Sony 7iii and don’t like the look and feel of it but understand at the moment they are ahead of canon in sensor design.

Just want to get peoples opinion who have used the EOS R and/or Sony 7iii

33 REPLIES 33

barrysingh101
Apprentice

I am loving this Beast. 30 MP, Full Frame, Mirror Less, more than 5000 focusing points, Adapter to use old lenses, Lightning fast speed, 4k video , super great in low light conditions, FLIP SCREEN, Bluetooth, WiFi etc etc etc the list is endless. For this price range you should not miss the opportunity to grab this advanced technology. Best camera in this Era. shareit vidmate

@barrysingh101 wrote:
I am loving this Beast. 30 MP, Full Frame, Mirror Less, more than 5000 focusing points, Adapter to use old lenses, Lightning fast speed, 4k video , super great in low light conditions, FLIP SCREEN, Bluetooth, WiFi etc etc etc the list is endless. For this price range you should not miss the opportunity to grab this advanced technology. Best camera in this Era.

Good to hear! Somebody has to be a pioneer, and it sounds as though you're relishing the role. Please continue to keep us informed about how the camera works out for you.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

farzann
Contributor

Me too trying to save up for EOSR for video,

Have a Canon 80D but the night videos are not so gread.

heard the ISO in EOSR is good.

Posco
Apprentice

Hello all. 1st post.

The EOS R camera is my recent purchase and an upgrade from at 5i, so its a huge step up.

i bought just the body so I'm using my EF lenses with the adapter.  Tamron lenses has had some issues and according to the website and now how a firmware update.  I've tried out the EOS R with a 20mm, 50mm, and 75mm all using the adapter, and the pictures are terrific.  3rd party products are the only thing the market is still catching up to. 

Announcements