cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R Mode button not working

Mainemom
Apprentice

Hello All Help. The mode button not working and the shooting mode menu will not display so I can switch from P to M or anything. I reset to factory settings. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wandalynn
Enthusiast

I've had my R since June 2019 and never had that problem. I know you reset to factory settings, but try checking this setting for the heck of it. Go to your MENU, then to the orange tab with the camera with 3 dots underneath it. Then go to Tab #4 and select "Customize Buttons." Scroll down until you see the MODE button and make sure that it shows "MODE: MODE." I'm not sure what else to suggest but will think on it. How long have you had your camera?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The only thing I could think of would be to press the [LOCK] button to make sure it has not locked your functions, althought hat usually would not persist through clearing the settings. If the [LOCK] button doesn't change anything then it would be a good idea to have a technician check it out.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

lifeguard62
Apprentice

Have you been able to fix. Mine has done the same 

Wandalynn
Enthusiast

I've had my R since June 2019 and never had that problem. I know you reset to factory settings, but try checking this setting for the heck of it. Go to your MENU, then to the orange tab with the camera with 3 dots underneath it. Then go to Tab #4 and select "Customize Buttons." Scroll down until you see the MODE button and make sure that it shows "MODE: MODE." I'm not sure what else to suggest but will think on it. How long have you had your camera?

Announcements