cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R Is your IS running continuously with all IS lenses?

KirkD
Contributor

I had previously posted this problem with my Canon 100-400L Mk II, but this morning I found out that all my Canon IS lenses have this problem on the new EOS R. None of these lenses had this problem with my old Canon 6D. 

Problem: The IS in all my lenses turns on immediately, as soon as I turn my EOS R on, and runs continuously until I turn the camera off. The IS should only turn on when the shutter is depressed half way, and when the shutter button is released, it should turn off after a few seconds.

Question: For those of you with the new EOS R and a Canon IS lens, are you experiencing the same problem. (you may have to listen to your lens in a quiet room).

11 REPLIES 11

@CarlG wrote:

@KirkD wrote:

it is on page 143 of the "Advanced" manual. That is not the manual that comes with your camera ... you have to download the advanced one.

I got it. But I imagine this can be changes with a firmware update if Canon is so inclined. I don't use my IS that often so I'm not that concerned. I have (5) batteries that I keep charged. My 80D uses the same batteries.

I would put the odds of that happening at slim to none.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Opinions vary

Announcements