cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M50 Bluetooth

bmwkurt
Contributor

I can pair my M50 with my phone and the connection is fine until I turn off the camera.  The next time I want to use the camera wit bluetooth (mainly for GPS and Time)  I have to "forget" the camera on the phone and redo the pairing.  This is very frustrating for me.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  Canon EOS M50 and Android 11.0

14 REPLIES 14

The GPS on the phone is on at all times. It's connecting the bluetooth (that transmits the GPS coordinates to file on the camera) I still cannot find out what the "greyed" out bluetooth icon means.

OK!  One thing I have just noticed while trying to reconnect.  My SSID and password for the camera changes each time I try to reconnect.  Could this have anything to do with my problem.  Could this be why I can connect once, but when I try to reconnect the phone and camera do not recognize each other.  Any solutions?

@bmwkurt wrote:

OK!  One thing I have just noticed while trying to reconnect.  My SSID and password for the camera changes each time I try to reconnect.  Could this have anything to do with my problem.  Could this be why I can connect once, but when I try to reconnect the phone and camera do not recognize each other.  Any solutions?

Again.  Does your phone keep track of a list of configured Bluetooth devices with which it has connected?  You said that you would check.  There might be a limit to how many connections that you can define at one time.  You said you would check.

Also, did you setup your smartphone as being the GPS Device?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, my phone does keep track and I have deleted all but 2. My phone is set up as a GPS. I am using it for geotagging. That's all I really want to do. I am in contact with Canon support.

UPDATE:

After a couple of emails with Canon support I have learned the following.  The "Send location information" feature in Canon Camera connect does not work with the M50.  The Wi-Fi is only used to send photos to the smartphone.

Each time you turn the camera off the Bluetooth pairing is lost.  To geotag you must go through the entire repairing process again and re-enable the GPS function.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements