cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M10 flash question

vcstar
Apprentice

Hello all.  I have a question about the flash capability of the EOS M10.  It has no built in flash shoe but it claims to have a flash sync port.  Can anyone tell me what this means?  Can a cable be connected to this port to attach an off body flash shoe? I am aware it already has a small pop up flash.  I was wondering if there was any way to attach an external flash. I am also not sure if it has wireless flash capabilities.  Thanks for any help or info.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The M10  Camera User Guide makes no mention of a "flash sync port". 

It does have HDMI and USB Interfaces, but neither one is usable as a flash sync port. 

M10.jpg 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

Thanks Mike.  I wonder why the specs say that it has a flash sync port.  It would be cool if it did.  Thanks again.

https://cameradecision.com/review/Canon-EOS-M10

Above is the post where I read about it having a flash sync port.

Tim
Authority

Hello vcstar, 

There is no flash sync port available on the EOS M10.  The camera does not have native wireless flash function settings. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Note that these are not specs from Canon.

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The M10  Camera User Guide makes no mention of a "flash sync port". 

It does have HDMI and USB Interfaces, but neither one is usable as a flash sync port. 

M10.jpg 

Mike Sowsun

Thanks Mike.  I wonder why the specs say that it has a flash sync port.  It would be cool if it did.  Thanks again.

https://cameradecision.com/review/Canon-EOS-M10

Above is the post where I read about it having a flash sync port.

Note that these are not specs from Canon.

Tim
Authority

Hello vcstar, 

There is no flash sync port available on the EOS M10.  The camera does not have native wireless flash function settings. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements