cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS D30 Firmware

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I discovered that my EOS D30 (yes, I really mean the 2000 vintage D30) had a firmware upgrade, but for the life of me, despite going to almost any Canon support site on the planet, I cannot download same.   Can you folks on Canon support help with that?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority
1.0.2:
The new firmware version solves an LCD monitor display problem that occasionally occurs:
1. Rotating the image on the LCD monitor;
2. Using the Image Protect function;
3. Tagging the image with DPOF instructions. Under these conditions, a "?" symbol may appear in the LCD monitor instead of the normal image display.

1.0.1:
After turning on the main switch of the camera, if the camera is operated as follows, the camera locks up leaving the battery check icon displayed on the LCD panel:
The MENU button is pressed; then the INFO button is also pressed; and the main switch is turned off.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Peter.

I appreciate  your effort.  However, I have been to that site and activated that link.  Try it.. It takes you to a site in Japan, in Japanese and when I tried to progress it further I got dumped back in the global site again.  Dead end.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I see. Then try this: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/dc/D30_1030-e.exe
Also dead but copy/paste it into Web Archive that saves a lot of stuff from Internet. You will find the firmware there. I downloaded it, extracted it and the file size is 872,189 bytes as it should be.

D30V1030.fir

* Windows : Size in Property (872,189 bytes)
* Mac OS : Size in Information (872,189 bytes)

Skärmbild från 2020-01-19 13-15-28.png

Increases the reliability of USB communication when the EOS D30 and a compatible PC or Macintosh computer are connected with the USB interface. The most noticeable improvement occurs during Interval Timer Shooting and Timer Shooting using Remote Capture.

EOS D30 Firmware Update Ver. 1.0.3.0 Only has one "bug" fix. Is this why you want to upgrade the firmware?

Mike Sowsun

Peter
Authority
Authority
1.0.2:
The new firmware version solves an LCD monitor display problem that occasionally occurs:
1. Rotating the image on the LCD monitor;
2. Using the Image Protect function;
3. Tagging the image with DPOF instructions. Under these conditions, a "?" symbol may appear in the LCD monitor instead of the normal image display.

1.0.1:
After turning on the main switch of the camera, if the camera is operated as follows, the camera locks up leaving the battery check icon displayed on the LCD panel:
The MENU button is pressed; then the INFO button is also pressed; and the main switch is turned off.

Hi Peter

Thanks for your assistance with this! Smiley Very Happy  I must admit I have never previously known of Web Archive, but I shall keep it in mind for future reference.

Having gone to the effort and cost to get Canon to combine two D30 bodies together - 1st was unused but damaged body, the second not working but good body, I thought I may as well go the whole hog and update it to the max.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements