cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 90D, M6 Mark II

John_SD
Whiz

Both new cameras were officially announced today by Canon. I think the M6 Mark II will be the sleeper hit of the season, despite not having a built-in EVF. 

And yes, I am well aware these cameras aren't made specifically for pros. I still think they will do well in the marketplace, especially the M6. At least I hope so. 

35 REPLIES 35

“... a D3 or D5 those things must be like trying to take photos with a cinder block. While I was playing around with the D850 at the shop, I didn't feel as though the wheels were going to be a problem for me in terms of an awkward grip, but admittedly there is a difference between the shop and the field. ”

The long lenses feel like cinder blocks, not the camera bodies.  It is not all that different from using a battery grip.  I have big hands, so I prefer a big camera body.

My issue with the wheels is that I must relax my grip on the Nikon to use them.  The D3 feels more slippery, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The 90D would be my pick, but for some the M62 will fit the bill from a compact size standpoint. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

90D all the way.  The M series is dead or at least dying.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@shadowsports wrote:

The 90D would be my pick, but for some the M62 will fit the bill from a compact size standpoint. 

The 90D kits are what we will likely find at Costco, and they should do well, same as the 80D kits. But I still think the M62 will outsell it overall. This was obviously made for younger photographers who embrace new tech, are interested in the future (mirrorless) and are used to taking photos with their phones. The lack of an onboard EVF will not deter them, though old fellows will remain skittish for some time. This camera, I believe, will find favor among younger photographers in general. 

@John_SD wrote:

@shadowsports wrote:

The 90D kits are what we will likely find at Costco, and they should do well, same as the 80D kits. But I still think the M62 will outsell it overall. This was obviously made for younger photographers who embrace new tech, are interested in the future (mirrorless) and are used to taking photos with their phones. The lack of an onboard EVF will not deter them, though old fellows will remain skittish for some time. This camera, I believe, will find favor among younger photographers in general. 

Well, I'm one old fellow who will remain skittish (of a camera without an eye-level viewfinder) until the sun stops shining in the daytime. There are too many times when the LCD is just not bright enough to use.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Canon just came out with a lens that they should have had at the very beginning of the M series, the EF-M 32mm
f/1.4 STM.  It took 7 years to come out with a fast prime. That does not show a burning interest in keeping this line going.

Oh, yes, don't forget adapters. You can adapter anything you just need the right adapt-o-plate!  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements