cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 7D Driver Compatibility w/ Mac

JTmagee
Apprentice

Hello! New to the forum and new to photography and filmmaking. I was trying to find a high-quality camera that was a few years old yet still relevant technology-wise for a beginner like and am satisfied with how everything looks. But I am not sure it is compatible with my laptop.

So the CD driver says it is comaptible with Mac OS 10.6-10.7, and my Mac is a new model, using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. Even if I buy the CD adapter, will my computer accept the software for the camera? Or do I need to return it and save up for a newer model camera with newer software?

Thank you for any feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello JTmagee, 

The EOS 7D is compatible with newer operating systems, even if the disk it came with says otherwise.  The reason for this is because Canon releases updates on our web site which updates the software to work with newer versions. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello JTmagee, 

The EOS 7D is compatible with newer operating systems, even if the disk it came with says otherwise.  The reason for this is because Canon releases updates on our web site which updates the software to work with newer versions. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Everything worked out. Thank you for your response. My apologies for the delayed response.

Announcements