cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 70D won't turn on

Jess1538
Apprentice

My canon 70d is not turning on and from what I read online I see this is a common issue. I tried all the tricks to get it to turn on like switching the lenses and taking the battery and SD card out and putting it back in after some time. So after messing with the camera for a little bit I’ve realized the problem is the SD card slot. When I turn on the camera with the SD card out it turns on BUT as soon as I put in the SD card ( I’ve tried multiple SD cards) it won’t turn on.

I know I’ll most like have to take it to a professional, but is their anyway that this is an easy fix?? And if not, does anybody have a ball park of how much the repair might come out to? I’m still paying off this camera and to have to put more money into it would suck 😕

P.s I got it on Ebay a couple months back so I don't have warranty 

2 REPLIES 2

@Jess1538 wrote:

My canon 70d is not turning on and from what I read online I see this is a common issue. I tried all the tricks to get it to turn on like switching the lenses and taking the battery and SD card out and putting it back in after some time. So after messing with the camera for a little bit I’ve realized the problem is the SD card slot. When I turn on the camera with the SD card out it turns on BUT as soon as I put in the SD card ( I’ve tried multiple SD cards) it won’t turn on.

I know I’ll most like have to take it to a professional, but is their anyway that this is an easy fix?? And if not, does anybody have a ball park of how much the repair might come out to? I’m still paying off this camera and to have to put more money into it would suck 😕

P.s I got it on Ebay a couple months back so I don't have warranty 

The 70D has a known problem where it can undergo catastrophic failure of the main circuit board. This is thought to result from overheating, especially if the camera has been used a lot for video. It's an expensive repair, but recently Canon has sometimes done it free, even if the camera is out of warranty. That might not even be your problem, but it's at least worth talking to Canon Service about it. You might get lucky.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

1 (800) 652-2666  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements