cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd

pcstar
Contributor

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd, i can't custom WB with lcd, when i see the image on lcd is warm but when i shooted and preview on macbook or iphone, this became blue than the lcd, what happened with my lcd, i bought it 2 week ago in Vietnam, i compared it with another 6D and my camera 6D is more yellow tint than another. Who can help me dicuss about it and how to fix theme? I feel sad now because it bought from my salary and i am a student in college! I search on Google and the image same my problem, my camera same with 5DSR.

comparejpg

47 REPLIES 47

@Brownjw wrote:

OK, these are iPhone photos of the camera next to the images in Lightroom with no adjustments, so it may not be as clear to you as it is to me when viewing images live or entirely scientific. Other than that, I can tell you I'm not making this up. Sorry for the site auto-rotating my square images.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

You might be comparing apples to oranges.  First and foremost, the camera's LCD is not an accurate calibrated display.  I don't see anything really wrong with your posted images.  Turn up the brightness on the camera LCD, and the difference between the LCD and monitor might be reduced.

Speaking of the monitor.  Has it been color calibrated?  No matter.  Even if it has been color calibrated, you would be comparing a calibrated dispaly to one that is not.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, monitor is calibrated. I realize this is unscientific but you can clearly see the yellow tint compared to my monitor. It's not brightness. It's not white balance. I uploaded them all the same because people requested it. I can assure you, my 5d MKII did not have this issue. I suppose I'd need to take a photo of the card in my 6D and then my card with the same photo in another camera under the same conditions but I don't have a spare body to do that with. Believe me - it's clearly got a really yellow tint to it.

@Brownjw wrote:

Yes, monitor is calibrated. I realize this is unscientific but you can clearly see the yellow tint compared to my monitor. It's not brightness. It's not white balance. I uploaded them all the same because people requested it. I can assure you, my 5d MKII did not have this issue. I suppose I'd need to take a photo of the card in my 6D and then my card with the same photo in another camera under the same conditions but I don't have a spare body to do that with. Believe me - it's clearly got a really yellow tint to it.

If you really think there is something wrong with it, then stop wasting time in the forums and let Canon Service take a look at it.  I'm not convinced, BTW.   Most unscientific.

Yeah, that's what's frustrating - this unwavering approval of Canon's ability to not ever mess up that seems to exist in this thread.

@Brownjw wrote:
Yeah, that's what's frustrating - this unwavering approval of Canon's ability to not ever mess up that seems to exist in this thread.

Where did you get that idea?  I told you to send it in for repairs.  I just think your expectations are too high for a 3" LCD.

From many of the replies before yours also. So it's unrealistic to expect an LCD to not have a clear yellow tint? Funny, my last three cameras made me think otherwise.

@Brownjw wrote:
From many of the replies before yours also. So it's unrealistic to expect an LCD to not have a clear yellow tint? Funny, my last three cameras made me think otherwise.

I hear an echo.  "Send your camera in for inspection and repairs."  There that echo goes again.

You my friend have the patience of a saint. This is why I hate camera forums. I seen one thread about the vertical banding noise on the 5D series cameras and everyone pretends they can't see it or says you're just not taking photos correctly. Baffling.

I have five Canon DSLRs and my 6D (serial starting with 3) has this issue too.
I am sending my camera in to a company to have the hot mirror removed and was googling to see if anyone ever found a fix for this to see if the company could do anything about it while the camera is in their possesion. Then I read this incredibly frustrating thread. I have no idea how you endured posting after posting of how to set white balance without losing it.

My camera is coincidentally the first time I'd ever bought "Grey Market" so I never tried getting it fixed. But I agree it's a very frustrating problem looking at the screen and having the colors be "off" like they are on the affected models.

Announcements