cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D - Black & White photos

lacknermichael
Apprentice
Hello, With my current camera (Canon Powershot IS 50) I can do black & white photos but tell the camera which colour should remain (so for example I can do pics where all the photo is black & white but the red colours stay red, etc.) I would like to do the same thing with the EOS 6D, but cannot find how to do it. Sorry I am a completely new user of the 6D. Thanks for all hints !! Michael
5 REPLIES 5

hsbn
Whiz
I don't think there is an option on the 6D or any Canon DSLR for it. I could be wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

ScottyP
Authority
What program are you using for post processing? That is pretty easy in Lightroom, and you can do it in Elements or practically any other PP software. Zero out all the colors sliders to zero, then use the little color grabber and raise the saturation of your object back up. Takes 10 seconds.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you mean something like this, it is a little more involved. I was/am not aware of any camera that does this. If you are just asking if you can use "filters" on a color photo to make a certain look on B&W, it is much easier.

3.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yours is more complicated. What he asked is selective color de-saturation. It is a standard features on most P&S camera but I haven't seen them on Canon DSLR. I know Olympus DSLR has it. Pretty much, it keeps one color of your choosing and desaturates the rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I had a couple of Canon P&S cameras that did it. Like HSBN says, it is simply desaturation everything but 1 color channel.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements