Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II - Cant change anything in manual mode

jacobsen
Apprentice

Hello everyone. 

So i have a problem with my Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I want to shoot movies, and found guides on how to set up the camera for optimal standards

The thing is, when i am in M (manual mode), live view, i cant do anything about the aperature, ISO or shutter speed. The numbers changes whenever i point the camera at something else, so i would also like to know how to keep the settings for a whole shot.

I have the live view set as: stills+movie - movie display

something i am missing? 

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jacobsen wrote:

Hello everyone. 

So i have a problem with my Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I want to shoot movies, and found guides on how to set up the camera for optimal standards

The thing is, when i am in M (manual mode), live view, i cant do anything about the aperature, ISO or shutter speed. The numbers changes whenever i point the camera at something else, so i would also like to know how to keep the settings for a whole shot.

I have the live view set as: stills+movie - movie display

something i am missing? 

Thanks in advance!

Movie mode and Liive View are two entirely different shooting modes.  One is video, and the latter is for stills.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jacobsen
Apprentice
So, What i mean with it is, that when I press the live view button on my camera, so the screen is visible on the LCD display.

@jacobsen wrote:
So, What i mean with it is, that when I press the live view button on my camera, so the screen is visible on the LCD display.

I do not know what that means.  It is an incomplete sentence.

Let's take it from the top again.  Briefly, state what you think the issue is.  Next, describes the steps you take to reproduce the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jacobsen
Apprentice
So the issue is, that when I switch to the live view on manual mode, I can't change aperture, ISO or shutter speed.

Hello jacobsen, 

To change the shutter speed, then the Main dial.  To set the aperture, set the power switch to the on position (looks like a hockey stick) and and turn the multi-controller.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements