cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1ds mark 3 multi control dial is not working

richardkam
Contributor

Card formatting, manual sensor cleaning and much more is not possible. Any suggestion is grealtly appreciated except sending out to Canon which is quite a distant away... 🙂 thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

No better idea than i can think of than letting the experts look it over.

I assume that you have checked your settings, and the LOCK switch position.  You might try reprogramming the <LOCK> switch just to verify  whether or not the LOCK function is working properly.  I assume completely resetting the camera does not change anything, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Cycle the switch on the back of the camera a few times in case it's not connecting. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I just checked the manual for my 1D4 & Custom Function IV -10 may also be set wrong. I suspect both cameras have the same set of Custom Functions. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

dial not working so can't clear the custom functions, thanks

Tried that...:)

Yes I think so... thanks

You can set the custom functions tethered to a computer.

sorry but how do you do that?

USB Cable between the camera & computer and have the Canon software installed on the computer. Not sure of the exact name but EOS Utility ot EOS Window or something like that.

Announcements