cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1D mkii N- Streak in images.

JestoK3
Apprentice

Hi guys so I bought a used 1D Mkii N off Adorama and it was given a V rating. Everything was fine out of the box until I took the test shot revealing this white streak in most pictures. I noticed it was less noticeable with a flash but after tossing it into light room I was still able to find the mark.
But does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? Is it something I can possibly get fixed? or is it a sensor issue? NATE2344.jpgNATE2505.jpgNATE2505-2.jpgNATE2350.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First the good news, the 1D Mk IIn is a great camera.  I still use one.  Love it.  The bad news, yours has a failing shutter.  If possible return it, otherwise Midwest Camera can probably put in a new shutter.  Canon can't.   Guessing $300 bucks give or take a buck or two. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First the good news, the 1D Mk IIn is a great camera.  I still use one.  Love it.  The bad news, yours has a failing shutter.  If possible return it, otherwise Midwest Camera can probably put in a new shutter.  Canon can't.   Guessing $300 bucks give or take a buck or two. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements