cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1D MK11

ABBOTALE
Contributor

The camera was working fine as my backup camera THEN over night it wont focus in AF? Viefinder is sharp but photos blurred it has the same settings as my 1DS M11 so i dont know Does the CMOS Battery have any effect it hasn't been dropped or knocked ..

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Does the CMOS Battery have any effect..."

I guess you mean the button back-up battery? If so the 1D Mk II will work with or without that battery.  All it does is keep the time and date. Unfortunately anything made by the hand of man can and will eventually fail.  You need to try another lens or two.  It is the lens that focuses not the camera. However, the camera has to tell the lens to focus.

Other than the AF, it is working OK?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have tried all my lenses  even on manual focus sharp in viewfinder photo not in focus like i said t was fine the day before .I know on the 7D MK1 if you took the CMOS battery out it reset the camera so it would focus ? The conacts are clean on camera and lenses ?.

@ABBOTALE wrote:

I have tried all my lenses  even on manual focus sharp in viewfinder photo not in focus like i said t was fine the day before .I know on the 7D MK1 if you took the CMOS battery out it reset the camera so it would focus ? The conacts are clean on camera and lenses ?.

Does that camera have a "live view" mode? If so, and if the problem doesn't occur in live view, there may be something wrong with the viewfinder's AF. The two mechanisms are almost totally separate.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"Does that camera have a "live view" mode?"

No it doesn't.  It is well before that feature.

EB

No live view on the Canon EOS 1D MK11

Some older or cheaper lenses can be jammed or damaged if you try to focus them manually while they're set to AF. If the problem occurs only with one particular lens, that might be a starting point for investigation.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

As i said  all my lenses are working fine 70-200mm l usm f/2.8 100-400mm l usm 24-70mm f/2,8 i also have a IDS MK11 and 7D MK1  so i know it's not the  lenses 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Viefinder is sharp but photos blurred ..."

The eyepiece viewfinder is showing you what the lens sees. So, now I wonder if you don't have a setting off.  Like a slow shutter speed for instance?

EB

Stephen

Just a thought - could it be an accidental diopter adjustment?

If you're using manual focus, and your images look in focus through the viewfinder, but they're not in focus when you review them, it's my experience that the diopter is maladjusted.

Make sure you have a lens that's verified as working, and in Auto Focus, and put the camera in an "Automatic" mode. Do step 1 below. Focus on something (wait for the confirmation beep), and then do step 2 below.

1DMII Diopter.PNG

Announcements