cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 10D

intrepid7
Apprentice

Auto focus won't lock only shoots in manual or bright light in auto. New battery and CF card. No image on display dark screen with only the picture info (shot#,exposure ) playback says no image. IMG_2083.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would certainly try the hard reset but when that doesn't work, I believe your ole 10D has given up the ghost. Not a candidate for repair either.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

cicopo
Elite

Have you tried a "hard reset"? you remove the battery & the clock battery (which I assume it had from my 20D ownership) & leave them out overnight to kill any built in memory problems. Any & all settings will be errased by this procedure.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I'll try it thanks! Leave the CF card in or take that out too?

I don't think it matters but might as well remove it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Hi Guys,

Sorry new to page and need help...

My camera was working just fine... now its not.

I use my camera on M all the time and I took one photo and now the screen is just black when I look through to take a picture I can't see anything except blackness...

I took the lens off and this fixed it for one photo then the same issue again, Im guessing its got something todo with the shutter?

How serious is this? what do I do? I have a newborn photo shoot in 4 days eeek

@kylie wrote:

Hi Guys,

Sorry new to page and need help...

My camera was working just fine... now its not.

I use my camera on M all the time and I took one photo and now the screen is just black when I look through to take a picture I can't see anything except blackness...

I took the lens off and this fixed it for one photo then the same issue again, Im guessing its got something todo with the shutter?

How serious is this? what do I do? I have a newborn photo shoot in 4 days eeek

If you can't see through the viewfinder, it's more likely the mirror than the shutter. Make sure the mirror isn't in the "locked up" position. Start by restoring the camera to factory settings.

If you take on photo shoots where other people depend on you, even if you don't charge for them, you're a borderline semi-professional. And a photographer in that situation requires a spare camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

kylie,

Did you read this post above?

"Have you tried a "hard reset"? you remove the (main) battery & the clock battery ... & leave them out overnight to kill any built in memory problems. Any & all settings will be errased by this procedure."

I am assuming you also have a 10D?  Because this was a thread posted about a 10D not a more current model?

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would certainly try the hard reset but when that doesn't work, I believe your ole 10D has given up the ghost. Not a candidate for repair either.

EB

Hard reset no luck. Ghost is gone.....

Announcements