cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1000D problem buSY

bokacbl
Contributor

Hello my frends,

I have EOS 1000D and big problem with DSLR.

Cant boot on power on. When I put fully charged battery, close batt. door, RED LED blink fast 1-2 sec and thats all. LCD display is black and stay black. When I press shutter to half or full, I can see tru viewfinder buSY message , ISO change value on light and thats all. When I put LOCKED SD Card, tru viewfinder I can see Err. , when I put  unlocked SD Card ..still buSY. Shutter have no responde

USB to PC = not detected!

20170810_195300.jpg

20170810_195335.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

GreenGoddess
Apprentice

Hi,

My business bought a large number of these cameras recently. They were sold to us as fully refurbished but most of them have the "Busy" problem. I believe that installing the Canon service firmware ( EOS1000D_RXS106SC.FIR) will fix the problem. Do any of you know where I can get hold of a copy of such firmware?

Many thanks.

@GreenGoddess wrote:

Hi,

My business bought a large number of these cameras recently. They were sold to us as fully refurbished but most of them have the "Busy" problem. I believe that installing the Canon service firmware ( EOS1000D_RXS106SC.FIR) will fix the problem. Do any of you know where I can get hold of a copy of such firmware?

Many thanks.

I believe you should get a refund.  The 1000D was introduced a decade ago, and has not been serviced by Canon for a few years due to lack of parts availability that are/were made by other manufacturers.  

In other words, I think that it is highly unlikely that the cameras were refurbished by Canon, if at all.  You have been sold cameras that are mostly unserviceable.  If they are inoperative, then they will most likely stay that way.

BTW, Canon firmware downloads are available on the Canon Support web site.  I think your best move is to get a refund.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks. I ended up getting a large discount from the supplier due to the fault. Some of the cameras will work when a memory card is installed so it's not all bad news. And the included lenses are all good.

Please help to find this EOS1000D_RXS106SC.FIR firmware file!

Thanks!

Send me your email via PM

Thank You!

thornet2004
Apprentice

Hello everyone.
I know this topic is old but I need help.
I have a canon with the same problem.
Could someone help me find the firmware EOS1000D_RXS106SC.FIR, to see if I can recover the camera.

thank you from Portugal.

Hi

I have the firmware if you want it. I tried it but it didn't cure the problem. I have sent you a DM.

Hello thank you so much.

Announcements