cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect app issue

kesnfs
Apprentice

Hello there
I have an issue. Why we, Canon users, can't download RAWs from camera to mobile through Canon Camera Connect app? I'm forced to use 3rd party paid app to do this. I have Canon EOS R, $2000 camera and no such simple functionality, really?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

Does a mobile really have the capabilities to run the necessary software to process raw images ?

I am asking, I don't know because I dont't use a mobile for photography.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kesnfs wrote:

Hello there
I have an issue. Why we, Canon users, can't download RAWs from camera to mobile through Canon Camera Connect app? I'm forced to use 3rd party paid app to do this. I have Canon EOS R, $2000 camera and no such simple functionality, really?

What are you trying to do with RAW files on your mobile?  The files can get to be a little on the huge side.  I believe Canon has version of DPP that runs on mobile devices.  I am not sure which ones, though.  I think it works by uploading files to Caaon's Image Gateway.  You do not load files into a smartphone, because not all of them can manage the file sizes very well.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It is called DPP Exppress and runs on iPads at this time.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/solutions-services/mobile-apps/digital-pho... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry, but I'm Android user. If I was able to download RAWs through WiFi, then I can edit my RAWs in Adobe Lightroom Mobile. So options there is just connect SD card via adapter to my phone or just using 3rd party paid app to do this through wireless connection. I'm still don't understand why this feature is not exist in Canon Camera Connect app. Maybe it's the slowest way to edit RAWs, but what if I need one or two very special images that I want to edit right now without reaching to my laptop or PC.

Sorry for my English.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements