cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Apps prohibited in Argentina!?

ntisithoj
Contributor

So, I just bought the EOS 6D, and of course tried to download the Canon EOS Remote App for my Android... but Google tells me "This item cannot be installed in your device's country."  WTF!?  This Google limitation is usually for people who are outside the US when they have to BUY an app (even if they live in the US, have a US credit card)... but this is a free app, so any ideas (Canon) why I am prohibited from installing it? 

Does anyone know of anyplace I CAN downlaod this app directly? i.e. without going through the socio/political/economic issues involed with taking a freaking picure?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ntisithoj
Contributor

Here it is, for those who are interested...

QR Code

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ntisithoj
Contributor

Here it is, for those who are interested...

QR Code

Ooookkkk ... how about an answer for someone that does not have a smart phone?

you know this is an app FOR a smart phone, right?  If you do not have a smartphone, you can't even use this app.

A lot of people from around the world are encountering this issue, and Google has been no help and neither has Android.

pffft... google is the problem, at least as much as Cannon is!!  don't expect them to help.  They are the ones blocking the DL.

People wil ljust have to keep posting Dl link to new vesions here and othe rplaces that google/cannon have no crontrol over. 

Skirball
Authority

It's not a solution, but someone was having a similar problem in Jamaica.  Some info here:

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/6D-EOS-remote-app-doesn-t-work-in-Jamaica/m-p/19545#U19545

Announcements