Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon App not working

HevB
Apprentice

Hi All,

Please help!

My app has been working fine for ages and worked again yesterday, until I changed memory cards, then it didn't work.

The WiFi connects and it lets me go onto the app but as soon as I got to get my images it just freezes and then after a while of doing nothing, on the camera screen it says could not connect and on the phone it says no images found..

I have tried uninstalling/turning off/diabling/resetting etc. nothing seems to be working which is super annoying as it was working 5 minutes before on a different memory card :@

Thanks in advance guys!

Hev

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi, HevB!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which camera you're using and any error messages you're seeing. It may also be helpful to know exactly which app you're using. 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

vessiev
Apprentice

Has anyone experienced a problem with a wireless connection? I used to be able to connect to my iphone but now I get a continuously blinking icon on the canon screen. 

Thank you! 

Tim
Authority

Hello HevB, 

There are some things that we would like to check.

First, in the iOS Wi-Fi settings

1. Go to Settings> Wi-Fi on the iOS device and touch the little blue "i" in a circle next to the camera's SSID (which should show connected, but may not).

2. Choose "Forget This Network".

3. Then, start from the beginning to re-establish a Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the camera.

The second part we would like to check is below.

At times, the Canon Camera Connect application for iOS may behave incorrectly when attempting to connect an iOS device to a camera via Wi-Fi. Deleting the app's saved state in the background can oftentimes correct this. This does not harm the app or the device and simply causes the app to launch with a default "state", which can eliminate many issues that prevent the app from connecting to the camera and performing correctly.

To delete the saved state for Canon Camera Connect, do one of the following:

On an iOS device with a Home Button (prior to the iPhone X):
Delete the app's saved state by double-clicking the home button, scroll through the saved states of the apps and find the Canon Camera Connect app, then swipe it up to delete it.
Re-launch the app.

On the iPhone

1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.

2. Swipe left or right to find the Camera Connect app.

3. Swipe up on the Camera Connect app to delete it's background saved state.

4. Re-launch the app.

NOTE: If the Canon Camera Connect app is not performing properly or the camera does not remain connected when attempting to connect with Canon Camera Connect, always attempt to delete the saved state of the app BEFORE uninstalling and re-installing the app and before doing a hard re-boot of the device. This should be troubleshooting step #1 when troubleshooting Canon Camera Connect.

We also recommended ensuring that your iOS device is updated to the latest version.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I went through all the steps. The app shows the wifi(ssid) as the name of the camera, but says camera not connected and the wifi symbol on the camera screen keeps blinking... still no connection.

Announcements